Brian King Joseph Hints at Lawsuit Days Before Filing Sexual Harassment Case Against Will Smith

Brian King Joseph Hints at Lawsuit Days Before Filing Sexual Harassment Case Against Will Smith


Professional violinist Brian King Joseph has shared that he spoke publicly about a serious workplace issue days before formally filing a lawsuit against Will Smith and Smith’s company, Treyball Studios Management, Inc..

Joseph filed the complaint on Tuesday, Dec. 30, in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles. In the lawsuit, he accuses Smith of sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation. The complaint claims that Smith engaged in behavior that Joseph says amounted to grooming and exploitation during Smith’s global tour, Based on a True Story, in March 2025.

Days earlier, on Dec. 25, Joseph posted a video on Instagram that appeared to hint at the legal action to come. In the video, he explained that he had been hired for a major tour with a powerful figure in the music industry and that he was proud of the opportunity. He said that “some things happened” but noted he could not go into detail because it had already become a legal matter.

Joseph added that he decided to speak out because being fired, blamed, or threatened for reporting sexual misconduct or safety concerns at work “is not okay.” He also expressed support for others who may feel afraid to come forward.

According to the lawsuit, Joseph says he experienced a “traumatic series of events” while on tour in March 2025. He claims that someone entered his hotel room in Las Vegas without any signs of forced entry. Joseph alleges he later found items that made him fear a sexual threat, including a handwritten note reading, “Brian, I’ll be back… just us,” signed “Stone F,” along with several personal items that did not belong to him.

After reporting the incident to hotel staff, a local police non-emergency line, and Smith’s management team, Joseph says a member of the tour’s management later shamed him and informed him that his contract was being terminated. The complaint states that another violinist was soon hired to take his place on the tour.

Joseph says the incident and his firing caused severe emotional distress, financial loss, and damage to his reputation. The lawsuit also claims he now suffers from PTSD and other mental health issues as a result.

In response, Smith’s attorney, Allen B. Grodsky, strongly denied the allegations. In a statement shared on Jan. 1, Grodsky said the claims are “false, baseless, and reckless” and added that Smith will use all legal means to challenge them and bring out the truth.

Joseph is widely known for competing on America’s Got Talent, where he gained national attention for his electric violin performances. The case is ongoing, and no court rulings have been made at this time.


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form