Conner Smith Will Not Face Charges in Fatal 2025 Crash That Killed 77-Year-Old Woman

Conner Smith Will Not Face Charges in Fatal 2025 Crash That Killed 77-Year-Old Woman


Country singer Conner Smith will not face charges in connection with a June 2025 car crash that killed 77-year-old Dorothy “Dot” Dobbins.

On Thursday, Feb. 19, Smith’s attorney, Worrick G. Robinson IV, confirmed that the 25-year-old musician’s misdemeanor citation had been dropped. According to the Davidson County District Attorney’s Office, the citation was withdrawn at the request of Dobbins’ family.

“This devastating accident was a profound tragedy for the family of Dot Dobbins and the larger Germantown community,” Robinson said in a statement. He added that Smith had personally gotten to know Dobbins’ family in the months following the crash and expressed his “deep and sincere grief.”

While Robinson said Smith is grateful the legal matter has ended, he emphasized that the singer will continue to keep Dobbins’ family “steadfastly” in his prayers.

What Happened

The crash occurred on June 8, 2025, in Nashville. Authorities said Dobbins was crossing at a marked crosswalk when she was struck by Smith’s Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck. She was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she later died from her injuries.

At the time, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said the preliminary contributing factor appeared to be Smith failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian. Police also stated that Smith showed no signs of impairment.

In July 2025, Smith was issued a misdemeanor citation for failure to yield resulting in a fatality. A source close to the situation previously said the charge being classified as a misdemeanor — rather than a felony — underscored a lack of criminal intent.

Smith Speaks Out

Shortly after the incident, Smith said through his attorney that his “heart goes out to Ms. Dobbins’ family” and that he was fully cooperating with the investigation.

Weeks later, on July 11, he addressed the tragedy publicly in a since-deleted Instagram post.

“My heart [is] broken in a way I’ve never experienced,” he wrote at the time. “Not a day has gone by that I haven’t grieved, prayed, and mourned for Ms. Dobbins and her family.”

He asked his followers to continue praying for the Dobbins family “by name,” asking for peace and comfort during their loss.

In December 2025, during an appearance on the The Upload with Brooke Taylor podcast, Smith reflected on the emotional toll of being involved in a fatal accident.

“Just in a moment, your entire … like a tornado runs through your house,” he said. “There’s so much grief and there’s so much trauma from that intense, intense trauma.”

“There’s a darkness in that — there’s no words,” Smith added. “You don’t have a concept of reality and what is going on, and all you have is the people you love.”

A Chapter Closes

With the misdemeanor citation now withdrawn, the legal case has officially come to a close. But for both Smith and the Dobbins family, the impact of that June morning remains deeply personal.

As his attorney noted, while the legal chapter has ended, the emotional weight of the tragedy continues.


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form